Human Resource and Management Group
LMRC Clubhouse Lunch and Learn – Classifying Employees as Exempt vs. Non-Exempt
May 5, 2015
11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. – Networking from 11:30 to Noon
Sr. Dep. Labor Commissioner Linda Aguilar of the DLSE (Division of Labor Standards Enforcement) will again provide an informative presentation during lunch. Commissioner Aguilar’s firsthand information about California employment laws and how the San Diego office of the DLSE adjudicates claims filed by employees against employers, investigates discrimination complaints, and enforces labor laws and wage orders is extremely valuable for human resource professionals and those responsible for supervision and administration of employment related matters.
THIS MONTH’S TOPIC – PROPER DESIGNATION OF EXEMPT/NON-EXEMPT STATUS
- How to determine proper classification.
- Ways to assess and maintain current status.
- What to do if an employee has been improperly classified.
- Challenges to proper classification and the costs of improper designation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Human Resource Professionals;
- Executives and Small Business Owners;
- Supervisors and Managers; and
- Anyone Responsible for the Administration of Employment Related Policies.
QUESTION and ANSWER SESSION on ALL TOPICS following PRESENTATION
LOCATION: Bernardo Heights Country Club – 16066 Bernardo Heights Parkway, San Diego
COST: LUNCH is INCLUDED
REGISTRATION: $45 per person
To register, complete the form located on our Events Page or call us at (858) 753-1775.
You can also follow the L&M Resource Center LinkedIn and here on our Blog to receive helpful tips, information and discount opportunities.
If you wish to continue to receive information about helpful seminars, programs, special discount offers, and employment law updates, and have not already subscribed to the Law and Management Resource Center mailing list, please click here to subscribe: L&M Resource Center Mailing List.