Form I-9 Compliance
October 22nd at 10:00 a.m.
Join Us for this Informative Webinar – Only $35/Person
Presented by Rea Bisa of the Verification Division, Immigration Records and Identity Services Directorate, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Why Someone from Your Business Should Attend:
- Employers can be subject to criminal prosecution and large civil fines can be imposed for failures to comply with the Immigration and Reform Control Act (IRCA).
- In 2018, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Form I-9 audits increased by 400 percent. 2019 is slated to have a much greater increase and it’s proving true. In just one week this past summer, close to 3,300 employers were contacted by ICE.
- Absolute compliance with Form I-9 requirements is mandatory – even minor errors, omissions, etc. can be very costly.
- If an is employer found to have knowingly hired or continued to employ an unauthorized worker, the employer can be subject to debarment, prevented from receiving certain government benefits.
- Regardless of the size or industry of your business, you should be prepared to meet an audit with full compliance. And, it’s critical that your business be prepared to comply with the Immigrant Worker Protection Act should the need arise.
Click here to Register: RSVP
Share this Invitation
Please feel free to pass this invitation along to others who may be interested!
Receive Required SHRM Credits! The Law and Management Resource Center is recognized by the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) as a Recertification Provider for Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM and SHRM-SCPSM credentials, which means you can receive required SHRM credits and maintain your credentials by attending our programs.
This program is co-sponsored by the Poway Business Park Association and the San Diego-Poway Hampton Inn and Suites.
Let the Law and Management Resource Center help you ensure your business is in compliance. We provide affordable employment law and human resource consultation, review and draft employer documents, policies, and employee handbooks, and provide effective harassment and abusive conduct prevention training.
Contact us today! For more information, contact Jillian Bruni, MBA, Director, Business and Program Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll free at (833) 376-7737.
For more information, visit Law and Management Resource Center.